Syracuse, NY – Business Manager
This Person Would Be Responsible For Sales Revenue Forecasting, Payroll Submission And Accounting For Five Radio Station(S). Reports Directly To Regional Financial Management Regarding Financial And Operational Information. Provides Revenue And Balance Sheet Information To Corporate.
• Coordinate With The Regional Financial Management Regarding Financial And Operational Information. Liaise Between Station And Regional/Corporate Office Regarding Business Issues Involving Personnel, Legal, Fcc Regulations, Etc.
• Manage Local Business Office.
• Process Payroll Including New Hire Paperwork, Commission Calculations, And Talent Fee Allocation. Responsible For Gathering Employee Personnel Records.
• Maintain Local Trade Files Per Policy.
• Update And Review Weekly Revenue Forecasts, Cash Flows, Weekly Pacing And Annual Budget.
• Manage Local Accounts Receivable Process Including Billing, Invoice Generation, Cash In Advance Processing, And Assist Sales With Collection Issues. Assists Customers, Approves Orders.
• Update And Maintain Accounting Journals, Ledgers And Other Records Detailing Financial Business Transactions (E.G., Disbursements, Expense Vouchers, Receipts, Accounts Payable, Trade). Conducts Variance Analysis And Account Analysis To Identify Discrepancies.
• Compile Data And Prepare A Variety Of Reports. Submit Payroll And Financial Data To Corporate Offices. Recommends Actions To Resolve Discrepancies.
• May Provide Special Project Support.
Bachelor’S Degree In Accounting Or Finance Required.
Minimum Of 3-5 Years Of Accounting Experience Required.
Advanced Excel Skills Highly Preferred.
Familiarity With Accounting Software Highly Preferred.
Knowledge Of FCC Rules Highly Preferred.
It Is Our Policy To Provide Equal Employment Opportunity To All Qualified Individuals Without Regard To Their Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Sex, Age, Disability, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law, In All Personnel Actions. We Specifically Encourage Referral Of Qualified Minority And Female Applicants.
Syracuse, NY -- News/Talk 570 WSYR Program Director
The Program Director position is a leadership and operations role responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a radio station's on-air experience, including talent, content, programming, and online presence. A successful Program Director will review and decide which programs and commercials will be broadcast, and schedule programming. The Program Director identifies, recruits, and coaches on-air talent with the goal of growing audience share, ratings, and revenue. The Program Director also partners with the sales and programming staff to ensure appropriate programming fit for client needs, and to create talent & radio station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns. The Program Director reports to an Operations Manager.
· Plan and oversee the on-air experience of the station, including tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
· Plan each day's radio programming and provide the radio air talent direction on content.
· Direct and monitor station's programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
· Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
· Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
· Attract and grow audience share, ratings, and revenue.
· Ensure that ratings are calculated, and advertisers are satisfied.
· Work with sales team to ensure appropriate programming fit for the client, station, and audience.
· Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
· Identify, recruit, manage, and coach on-air talent, producers, news directors, and reporters (eg.) frequent listening/aircheck sessions with on-air talent).
· Schedule staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
· Ensure staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (RBI, Payola/Plugola).
· Prepare and manage Programming Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
· Handle all payables according to company policy and paid in a prompt fashion.
· Protect the station license.
· Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis on broadcasting, communications, and journalism. Marketing and sales experience preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
· Experience using tools to gather & analyze ratings data and then make business decisions based on the analysis (eg. PD Advantage, etc.).
· Extensive knowledge of Nielsen Diary data analysis.
· Working knowledge of RCS products including Nexgen and RCS News.
· Knowledge and appreciation of excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming.
· Prior experience directing and managing a team.
· Sound judgment and quality decision making skills.
· Ability to multi-task and capable of working with specific deadlines, highly organized, and comfortable delegating responsibility.
· Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships.
· Ability to manage and motivate staff, in addition to working well as a member of a team (including advertising and marketing managers).
· Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
· Superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
· Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals.
· Ability to set expectations with others and manage performance.
· Ability to provide honest coaching and adjust communications’ style based on audience needs; Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to influence others, inspire innovation, and ensure a customer/client focus.
· Prior experience as a broadcaster, either in news, sports, or as a DJ preferred.
· Prior experience as a Program Director or Assistant Program Director preferred.
Apply online@ www.clearchannel.com
With 243 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
Announces reports on-air in multiple markets in Upstate, NY. Collects and filters relevant information from external contacts. Do you have top notch writing and broadcasting talent? Are you driven to never miss a deadline and have a passion for presenting thorough and accurate information in a fast paces atmosphere? If you said yes, we want to hear your stuff.
Qualifications: Minimum of one to five years professional broadcast newsroom experience. The right candidate will have an excellent broadcast delivery and knows how to tell a story with short, tight copy. Technical skills include the ability to quickly master audio equipment used for editing and broadcasting. Must work well under tight deadlines and have solid computer skills
Please upload your resume and demo (MP3 or web link).
Job Location: Syracuse NY
Position Type: Full Time
As an Account Manager at Clear Channel Media + Entertainment Syracuse, you’ll have a “backstage pass” to the exciting and fast-paced world of media. Clear Channel is reshaping how media and entertainment is delivered and YOU could be a part of it. If you are self motivated, internally driven and goal oriented, THIS is the job for you. Clear Channel Media + Entertainment Syracuse Account Managers are strong, confident and competitive. They’re also creative thinkers, problem solvers and calculated risk takers. You should be a natural networker who can turn contacts into revenue, and most importantly, have a sense of urgency to succeed in life. Plus, you’ll be supported with resources, tools and training. Take your sales and marketing career to new heights as an Account Manager.
Send your resume to www.clearchannel.com EOE
CLEAR CHANNEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Clear Channel, we are committed to recruiting and retaining diverse talent by creating an environment that integrates diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our business. Our company is enriched and made more effective through representation of diverse experience, backgrounds, ethnicity, education, sexual orientation and regional and cultural orientation. Clear Channel is an Equal Opportunity Employer where women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO WEBSITE RECRUITMENT ALERT
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for Clear Channel Radio, please provide us with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at Clear Channel Radio:
500 Plum Street
Syracuse NY, 13204
It is the policy of Clear Channel Radio to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
2013-2014 PUBLIC EEO REPORT: View Document