A shocking arrest in Seneca County after a huge fire last week that destroyed four downtown buildings in the Village of Ovid.
Deputies say they've arrested an 11 year old boy in the case and have charged him with arson. He's admitted to investigators that he was playing with a lighter a week ago and accidentaly set some trash on fire behind the New Dragon Chinese Restaurant. He attempted to extinguish the fire, but was unable to do so and the fire grew as he fled the scene. The fire then extended to some propane tanks at the rear of the restaurant, which overheated.
The fire spread to three other building, gutting them. There were several apartments in the building too and 15 people were left homeless.
The 11 year old has been charged as a juvenile delinquentand his case has been referred to Family Court.
Fire departments from four counties were called to the scene on March 18th to put out the fire.