Syracuse, N.Y. – Mayor Stephanie Miner has named 24 people to be part of her task force to look into building a new athletics facility in the heart of Downtown.
This task force will study the impact any proposed stadium would have on nearby neighborhoods, municipal infrastructure, and economic development.
The task force was originally announced last Thursday in Mayor Miner’s 2014 State of the City address.
The task force members and their designees are as follows:
- Benjamin Walsh (Chair), Deputy Commissioner, City of Syracuse Department of Neighborhood and Business Development
- Hon. Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor, New York State (Designee)
- Hon. Joanne M. Mahoney, County Executive, Onondaga County (Designee)
- Kent D. Syverud, Chancellor & President, Syracuse University (Designee)
- Dr. Gregory Eastwood, Interim President, Upstate Medical University
- Housing Visions Unlimited (Designee: Karen Jones, neighborhood resident)
- Kenyon Craig, President, Housing Visions Unlimited
- George Curry, Distinguished Teaching Professor Emeritus, SUNY ESF
- Carolyn Evans-Dean, Community Activist
- Robert Haley, Director, CNY Chapter, American Institute of Architects
- Pastor Daren Jaime, People’s AME Zion Church
- Julius Lawrence, Community Activist
- Rebecca Livengood, Member, City of Syracuse Planning Commission
- Joseph O’Hara, Executive Director, PEACE, Inc.
- CenterState CEO (Designee: Allen Naples, CNY Regional President, M&T Bank)
- David Mankiewicz, East Genesee Street Regents Association / University Hill Corporation
- Robert Doucette, Partner, Paramount Realty Group
- Hon. John A. DeFrancisco, New York State Senate
- Hon. David J. Valesky, New York State Senate
- Hon. William B. Magnarelli, New York State Assembly
- Hon. Samuel D. Roberts, New York State Assembly (Designee: Bobby Gaulden, neighborhood resident)
- Hon. Linda Ervin, Onondaga County Legislature
- Hon. Helen Hudson, Majority Leader, Syracuse Common Council (Designee: Hon. Pamela Hunter, Syracuse Common Council)
- Hon. Chad Ryan, Syracuse Common Council